Mechanical Commodity Manager
Our client is a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions that connect the unconnected – People, Places and Things. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure WiFi, fixed wireless broadband point-to-point (PTP) and point-to-multipoint (PMP) platforms; managed by cloud-based software.
The successful candidate will develop a R&D center in Taiwan, which includes recruiting and leading a multi discipline team of engineers in the development of PMP and WiFi equipment, for use and sale around the world. Based in Taiwan, they will coordinate the development life cycle with other design centers around the world.
Areas of preferred development expertise include Wi-Fi, RF Technology, Radio Baseband Technology, and Digital and Analog Processing Core Development.
- Responsible for the quality of the products at the assigned suppliers by influencing, reporting and taking corrective action as it relates to the production quality processes utilized at these suppliers.
- Qualification of our new parts and insurance of quality product, design specification, and mass production process with suppliers
- Develops strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operations improvement including driving RoHS, Quality Qualification, Product SKU/Kit structure configuration, and other regulations
- Take lead in process improvements and drive cost savings through operational efficiencies. Propose and lead cost reduction programs for local supply and/or manufacturing processes.
- Manage the change control process and design validation of new parts and part changes at suppliers
- Clear communication and interface directly with many levels and functions within the organization as they relate to the manufacturing and NPI process
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of market conditions, industry trends, and developing technologies
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to ensure smooth transition from prototype to production
- Collaborate with supplier and stakeholders to ensure that production quality processes are in place, monitored, reported upon (metrics) and a corrective action process is in place and utilized as needed
- Compliance with all procurement and planning-related company policies and procedures.
- Lead quality investigation and solutions with the suppliers
- Build relationship with relevant stakeholders at supplier in engineering, quality and production related functions
- Reports on product and process quality at assigned suppliers on a weekly, monthly and quarterly interval
- Manage tooling at the suppliers including tooling life, qualification, capacity, ECO changes, and quality
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Experience in manufacturing of mechanical and electro-mechanical parts.
- Experience with Tool development and lifecycle management of tools
- Experience with supplier development for process development and improvement, on-time delivery, ramp, and quality
- Good communications skills with supplier teams
- Problem solving techniques: Kazan, PFMEA, Statistical Analysis, Cp/Cpk, GR&R
- Able to be on site at suppliers
- Materials or inventory management
- Microsoft office software, especially Excel; Pivot, V-Lookup, filtering & sorting
- Engineering Change, Master Data Management, MRP systems; such as Arena, Netsuite
- Supply Operations processes
- Desirable; a background in Electronics Manufacturing and distribution
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a comparable area.
- English speaking and writing needs to be at a proficient level.
- Chinese (I assume mandarin) speaker/Needs to be able to interface with suppliers employees in local language
- Needs to be able to work independently
- Can do/decisive attitude.
To be considered, please send your resume in confidence to Christine Chen at MRIC Taiwan Office Christine.email@example.com, 2757-7268 ext. 210
Please note, that while MRIC welcomes and appreciates all candidate response, volume of replies allows us to respond to short-listed candidates only. Resumes are collected for recruitment purposes only.