Title: Hardware Engineering Director
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Report to: VP Hardware Engineering
Our client is looking for a dynamic Hardware Engineering Director with international experience that will be responsible to manage its Hardware Engineering team to design set-top-box and gateways products; bringing innovation in the company, planning and directing all aspects of hardware engineering activities, managing the relation with ODM on technical aspects from roadmaps, projects, design reviews (DFx) to industrialization.
This role will cooperate with other functions to explore new technologies, develop and establish product hardware roadmaps, define platforms, contribute technically to cost reduction initiatives. He/she will manage technical relation with strategic partners and vendors.
Manage and develop a team of Hardware engineers responsible for the design, industrialization and deployment of Set-Top-Boxes and gateways.
- Deliver new product and platforms on time, managing all technical aspects
- Develop and maintain technical relationship with key partners and suppliers
- Generate and verify products specifications and review project plans.
- Create a strong and flexible development process across the hardware lifecycle addressing development, supply chain and quality perspective in cooperation with suppliers
- Drives the industrialization process in the factory with suppliers to ensure products tests and quality are in-line with company expectations
- Manage the Engineering Change Request process and the Product Documentation Center to preserve and keep up to date the technical knowledge of company products.
- Define and maintain Hardware Engineering processes and key metrics, ensuring all hardware engineering projects, initiatives are in conformance with organization's policies and objectives
- Support Procurement RFP/RFQ process with suppliers from technical point of view
- Support Quality function in technical analysis with ODM on possible quality issues
- Supports Operations from technical point of view to fulfill delivery plans.
- Support Hardware Customer Service from technical point of view to allow continuity of services to customer: RMA, refurbishment, second sources, etc.
- Master in Electronic Engineering
- Minimum combined 10 years’ experience in managing an Hardware Engineering team in designing Set-Top-Box or Gateways for consumer markets across multiple locations
- Solid experience in Hardware design and validation of both Set-To-Box and Gateway
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing ODM, JDM and OEM projects with Asiatic supplier: China, Vietnam, Thailand, etc.
- Solid experience in Product prototyping and industrialization.
- Solid Knowledge of
Broadcast and Broadband technology, roadmap and suppliers.
Broadcast / Broadband industries, vendors and ODMs
Familiarity with cost drivers
- Knowledge of electronic manufacturing processes and criticalities: Design review, DFx (design for manufacturing, assembly, serviceability, cost, quality, etc).
- Knowledge of supplier quality processes is a plus.
- Experience in supporting Procurement in RFQ/RFI from technical point of view.
- Experience as a facilitator between European teams and suppliers for technical subjects
- Excellent managerial and decision-making skills
- Experience in working with Western companies and in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to write both technical and procedural documentation.
- Be available to react to emergencies, and ability to troubleshoot and communicate outside of normal business hours given the time zone difference
- Ability to cooperate with his peers and drive them to provide together the whole picture and possible options for management review
- Availability to travel to meet suppliers in Asia and customers in Europe
If you are interested in this position please apply with your CV in word format to: email@example.com
You can also reach us at +886-2-2757-7268 # 288.